Thursday 11 July 2013

Frustration

 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.
Exodus 14:14


I have been struggling lately with feeling really frustrated.  I have been feeling tired and sick during the beginning of this pregnancy and I am praying that it will stop soon. But I feel like my frustration is not stemming from being tired. 

I am frustrated with many things that are out of my control. 

I cannot change how other people behave. I cannot change how people treat me or my children. I cannot force my kids to act in a certain way. 

I am really trying to remember throughout the days, despite the tiredness and sickness, that I can only change myself and the rest is up to the other person(people) and God. 

There are so many times in my life when God taps me on the shoulder and asks to cut in. When I have taken over and am trying to control everyone and everything around me and it is all just falling apart and not looking even a speck like I want things to look. That is when God reminds me that I am trying to do what only He can. 

And really He does a million times better than I ever could, so why do I always let myself sneak back in and try to take over again. I am daily having to lay it back down at His feet and take a step or five back so that I am not getting in the way. 


Today, God filled me up so much and spoke to my soul. His words are like honey to my lips and water to my soul. There is nothing I can do better than Him, but He loves me enough to let me try and fail. And that is the best way to learn. 

I pray that any of you who are feeling frustrated about the little things lately, that you could stop and take a step back and look at what it is that you are holding onto or trying to change. I believe that most likely it will be something that is not yours to change. Give it over to God today and watch as He does more than you ever imagined and soothes your spirit. 

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10


No comments:

Post a Comment