Wednesday 6 November 2013

Turkey Place Cards


I am a little behind with my decorating lately, technically Thanksgiving here in Canada has long passed. I am just now getting my house decorated for it.  I enjoy fall and all the tasty treats and warm colors that it brings. It seems sad to pack away all of our fall things already and bring out the Christmas decor but it is already snowing and winter white here and Hubby is already asking when we get to start our Christmas decorating.

But I have told Hubby that he has to hold off until December 1st.  We are going to be celebrating Thanksgiving for the second time this year and will be carving up a giant turkey around America's Thanksgiving.  We are having a few close friends over to celebrate and we will be doing a potluck so we can all share the burden of cooking for 15 people.

I have been working on a few fun little decorations with the kids in honour of the occasion and I thought I would share them with you.

First up is our place settings.  Cute little turkeys still don't have the names written on them yet, I am having my sister write them since her writing is much prettier than mine.





Aren't they just adorable.   The kids loved helping stick on their googly eyes and using the big cutter to cut them out. 

This is my lovely Big Shot Cutter. I love it, but have barely been able to use it lately.
The kids thought turning the crank and seeing that the paper was cut was amazing.
They couldn't get enough. 
Scallop Circles in a burnt orange and mustard yellow.  I added some extra
color to the edges by inking a sponge and distressing the edge. 
Two Brown circles for the bodies. 









1 comment: