Thursday 27 September 2012

Wisdom vs Baby Brain


She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 
Proverbs 31:27


Have you ever felt this terrible feeling like what you are saying doesn't make sense to anyone but you? Or have you said something that came out horribly wrong?How about being stuck trying to say a simple word that just wont come out?

I call this Baby brain.  Many of you have probably gone through this.  I started having it while pregnant with Little A and then it just never went away after having her. Then it got even worse while pregnant with Little E.   

I have to share a funny story of what happened to my sister-in-law after she had my nephew.  They were living with my in-laws after having the baby because my brother-in-law was going to be going back to school. They were living in the basement.  A few weeks after my nephew was born, my sister-in-law(s-i-l) wasn't coping well to the new baby and living in a dark basement.  

One day she was upstairs while her husband was downstairs with the baby in the swing. Nephew was happy as could be sitting in the swing while my brother-in-law was watching some sort of sporting event on tv.  The lights were dimmed and the little one was enjoying watching the lights from the game.  My s-i-l came downstairs to check on things, immediately began to cry and said angrily to her husband, "You're gonna make him think its Christmas!"

What she meant was that he was going to throw off the schedule she was trying to get nephew into. She meant that the lights had to be on so that he would think it was daytime and not night.  But what her post-pregnancy mom-brain said made her feel stupid and instead of her words being respected they brought laughter and gentle teasing, not just from her husband but from the rest of us when we heard the story.

I hate having tangled up words. It makes me feel like what I am trying to say wont be taken seriously. Like I have no wisdom. 

God is the one that gives true wisdom. I may be smart and know a few things, but real wisdom comes from God. 

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
    all who follow his precepts have good understanding.
    To him belongs eternal praise.

Psalm 111:10

For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
Proverbs 2:6

Then you will understand what is right and just
and fair- every good path.
For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. 
Proverbs 2:9-10

God gave solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore. 
1 Kinds 4:29

God gives true wisdom. My prayer this week is that God will fill be with his wisdom for how to handle situations. For how to approach the people in my life and what they are going through.  That he will give me wisdom to see his leading and hand in my life and my family. 

So when you get muddled up with baby-brain or are just struggling getting your points across, just stop and call on God to give you his wisdom. Because the little we know does not compare to the expanse of knowledge of the one who created the universe. 

God Bless you and be filled with his wisdom and let learning be "pleasant to your soul" this week. 

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment