Wednesday 10 April 2013

His Great Faithfulness


This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”
 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him.
 It is good that one should hope and wait quietly
For the salvation of the Lord. 
Lamentations 3:21-26


There are some days when we just feel like we are failing.  Like we have lost our hope. Or when we feel like we have lost our salvation. 

Thankfully we serve a God that gives new mercies every morning. 

Every once and a while, when things have gotten really tough, I have a day when I wake up to sun shining in my window. I wake up with a smile on my face and a song of worship in my heart. 

Those are days when I wake up feeling a new hope, a refreshing of my spirit and an overwhelming helping of new mercies. 

Today was one of those days for me.  The song stuck in my head and being sung from my heart is the Hymn " Great is thy Faithfulness" 




" Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow. Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside."

This song always makes me stop and think about the blessings that God has given me and my family.  

My sisters and I were looking back through the years of my parents marriage, it will be 30 years this summer.  Looking at their lives and the places God has taken them, the things He has shown them, and blessed them with and walked them through, has been really neat. The choices they made together have affected their lives, their children's lives, and our children's lives.  They are leaving a legacy and God is using his blessings to them to bless many generations. 

God is faithful and his love endures. He walks us through hard times and continues to pour out his blessings on us even when we are unfaithful to him. 

We can trust in him and that he will be the same yesterday, today and forever. 

“Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you.”
 So we say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?”
Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Hebrews 13:5-8




May we all feel that strength and hope for today and tomorrow. 
Blessings, 
Anita

1 comment:

  1. 31 years of marriage this summer - On Christ the solid ground I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. I hold onto the firm foundation that I have placed in my life.

    ReplyDelete