Thursday 20 December 2012

All I want for Christmas is....

I was thinking today about Christmas Wish Lists.  Even when we don't do the whole Santa thing with our children we still often have them make a list of what they want for Christmas. 

Parents make it pretty easy on themselves by getting their kids to make a wish list. ( or if you have a kid that dreams big I guess it could make it a little harder. ie. I want...a pony, a baby brother, a car) 
Knowing what our children want makes it easier for us to bless them with their desires.  

Our Father in Heaven is the same, He wants us to tell Him what we want. He wants to hear us tell Him our desires, even though He already knows what they are. He knows us so intimately because He made us perfectly. He made those desires. He gave us our passions, our gifts and our shortcomings. He designed us and knit us together. 

Today I was messaging my cousin. Him and his wife have been going through some pretty rough things lately and are very discouraged.  The doctors have given them some rough news and they are struggling through what it may mean for their lives to come. 

I began to write a message that was an attempt at human comfort. You know the stupid things us humans say to comfort one another, that never really do much good. 

And then God reminded me that He has no respect for what our doctors have to say. 

We serve a God who is not bound by a diagnosis or prognosis. 

Do you remember the story of the sick woman who touched Jesus' clothing, I talked about a while back  (Found Here.),  from Luke 8.  She had been sick for 12 years, had seen doctors and healers and they could do nothing for her.  She reached out to Jesus and was healed. 

Our God is not bound by "how things work", or our supposed to work in the narrow minds of us humans. He can do anything, He created the world from nothing, and made humans from dust.  (no wonder Jesus could spit and make mud to on a blind mans eyes and give them sight. John 9)

I told my cousin, and I am telling you;  tell the Father what you want. He wants to hear you tell him.  Our words have power. 

“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Mark 11:22-24

The tongue has the power of life and death,
    and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Proverbs 18:21

I told him to join with his wife and to pray together. To speak out loud their desires, together. It is important to join together as a married couple and to pray and seek God together. If we are married, we believe God brought us together. And He did so for a purpose.  So we need to be joined together in our desires and in our prayers. 

"Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Matthew 18:19-20

God wants to give you what you desire. He gave you the desires of your heart, your longings.  Give Him your list this Christmas. 

You have granted him his heart's desire
and have not withheld the request of his lips. 
You came to greet him with rich blessings
and placed a crown of pure gold on his head. 
He asked you for life, and you gave it to him-
length of days, for ever and ever. 
Psalm 21:2-4

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 
Matthew 7:9-11

My days have passed, my plans are shattered.
    
Yet the desires of my heart turn night into day;
   in the face of the darkness light is near.

Job 17:11-12


*Just remember:
 When we ask for things God doesn't always say "yes."
Sometimes His answer is "Not Yet."  Sometimes it is "No, I have something better."
Trust that He has a good plan for you and that His will is best.


No comments:

Post a Comment