Saturday 10 November 2012

Chewy PB and Honey Granola Bars

Today while being stuck at home because of snow, well that and a lack of desire to bundle up the kids and I and venture out into the snow and wind.

Anyway, Little A and I decided to make a few treats.  One of which I will share with you, the other is a work in progress and I dont want to share until it actually tastes all right.

I didnt get any pictures of the actual process, but did snap a few of the finished project before they got all wrapped up in plastic and put away.

The basic recipe that we transformed is one from my Great Grandmother, a wonderful Christ loving woman who sadly left this world long before I was willing to loose her. I think her and I would have been great pals.

Without further ado...

Chewy Peanut Butter and Honey Granola Bars 

1 cup Brown Sugar (loose not packed)
1/2 cup Margarine
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 Peanut Butter
3 cups Quick or Rolled Oats
1 cup Broken up Shreddies or other cereal
1 cup Shredded Coconut (unsweetened) or substitute for Chopped Nuts

Bring Sugar, Margarine, and Honey to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat then stir in Peanut Butter until smooth.
In a medium bowl mix together cereal, coconut, and oats.  Then stir in PB mixture until fully coated. Press into a thin layer on a baking sheet or scoop and form individual bars. Allow to cool and harden slightly.





No comments:

Post a Comment