Monday 29 October 2012

Love out Loud - deliberate love stage 2

Man that was a whirlwind of a weekend.  

I drove the kids up to visit my parents and to say good bye to my sister. My brother in law just got a new job in a city 5 hours from where they live now, which works out to be about an 8 hour drive for us to visit them now.  I hate to say it but the likely hood that we see them again before Christmas is very small.  It gets harder and harder to travel with infants 
when the snow starts to fall. 

Anyway, I took the kids up, hung out, did some shopping, which is quite difficult to pull off when you have 3 children under the age of 2 with you. It is crazy how hard it is to work around everyones nap times. It was a great weekend of visiting and I am so glad that we got to say goodbye. 

Mr T stayed back and worked on the new house. He was amazing. In the weekend he tiled the kitchen, laid hardwood on the whole main floor, and then tiled 3 bathrooms.  Such a trouper, his poor knees are killing him.  

So with all the love and time spent with family, and away from some, I was reminded about how important it is to say " I love you".  I know the other day I posted about Actions of Love, and showing love through our actions and not just empty words, but there is something to be said about telling someone that you love them. 

It is really nice to hear that you are loved. And of course to actually see the love lived out is sublime. But to never hear it, that someone loves you, I cannot imagine. 

Do you think that if we never told our children out loud, and said the words, " I love you", that they would still know it? 

I think that children need to hear it.  They do need to experience it and see it lived out as well but they do need to hear the words.  Just like they need physical touch to grow and develop properly, I think they need to hear that they are loved.  

Even God the Father spoke from heaven and told Jesus that he was loved.  Matthew 3:17 Matthew 17:5 2 Peter 1:16-18

We need to use our words to tell our loved ones that we love them. And then we need to show them love through our actions and truth.  God teaches us how to love, because his is the best and most pure love there is.  

Real love is:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8


When I was getting married my dad pulled me aside one day and told me, " Love isn't just a bubbly happy feeling, those feelings will go away. There will be times when they come back, but when life gets hard those feelings often vanish. Love is a choice we make everyday. From now on you will have to wake up everyday and choose to love your husband, even when its hard." 

We choose to be committed and  show our love and speak it out. 

This is something I personally have been trying to work on.  And that Mr T and I have started working on together.  

The next stage of our deliberate love, started here and followed up here, will be speaking out our love.   We want to show each other respect and love with our words. 

We often forget to tell each other how attractive they are, or how much we appreciate that they changed the baby, or washed the laundry, went to work today, stayed home with the kids, etc.  There are so many opportunities to tell one another how special they are and we miss them so often. 

I challenge you this week to speak out your love, to your spouse, kids, and anyone else you are feeling the love for.  Let them know it, and let Gods love flow into you to give to them. Blessings. 
This is the American Sign Language Sign for I love you. And my daughters little baby hand holding mine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment