Tuesday 16 October 2012

Tip Tuesday - My MIL's Chocolate Chip Cookies



I thought that maybe today I would break away from tips about kid stuff and move into something very dear to my heart.

Food. 

I love food. But more specifically I love chocolate food.  Well, lets be honest. I have a huge sweet tooth, so I love all things sweet and sugary (and horribly bad for you) Really, I am not kidding, I should be a few hundred pounds by how much I like sugary things.

Thats why this recipe is so wonderful and horrible at the same time. The recipe is so tasty and delicious. But it makes SO many cookies.  Honestly, it fills one of those 9x13 size storage containers with the cookies stacked on their sides, and there is still lots left over.

We normally make these cookies and leave about a dozen out, the rest get put into the deep freeze.  This is something my Mother-in-law, whose recipe this is,  started doing a long time ago. I am sure she intended on freezing them and taking them out to thaw before offering them to people.  But now our whole family loves frozen cookies.  We normally try to only cook them to just golden brown so that they are still a little chewy, that is the best way to have them when eating them frozen.

Also, if you are like my Father-in-law and love raw cookie dough. This is the recipe for you. (not that I advise eating raw dough, there is eggs in it) Last time I made this Mr T and his dad probably ate about a dozen cookies worth of dough,  and i still had a ton of cookies.

Anyway, without further ado, here is the best Chocolate Cookie Recipe I have Ever tried.
(You do have to understand that I categorize my moms chocolate cookies in a different group, cause hers are chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, which are a Totally different thing)


Crisco, Margarine, and Sugars 




Cream together
Add Eggs and Vanilla, Mix. 
Add dry ingredients and Chocolate Chips. 
Mmmmm Cookie Dough. 



Scoop and place on cookie sheet. (Do not Flatten)

Bake for 8-10 Minutes depending on crispy/chewy preference. 

Enjoy!  


Sheila's Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/3 Cup Crisco Shortening
1 1/3 Cup Softened Margarine
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
2 Cups Brown Sugar
4 Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla         (I use Authentic Mexican Vanilla)
5 Cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 Cups Chocolate Chips        ( I prefer milk chocolate)

Cream Shortening, Margarine, and Sugars.  Add Eggs and Vanilla then mix well.  Add dry ingredients and Chocolate Chips. Mix.  Drop by rounded spoonfuls* onto Ungreased baking pan.

Bake at 375' for 8-10 minutes. Or at 350" on Convection for 7 minutes.

*I prefer to use a Pampered Chef Small Scoop being a little generous with my scoop because the cookie size is uniform and not overly large.


Tiny Tip Tuesday @ Nature's Nurture

No comments:

Post a Comment