Friday 12 October 2012

Peace


Things have not been very peaceful in my life lately. There is way too much going on. We are packing to move. Trying to sell our house ( it is not fun trying to keep things clean for showings with two little ones).  Trying to finish the renovations on our new place so we can actually move in. Mr T has a new job. and the list of crazy goes on and on. 

It is hard to find the energy to carry on with joy and love for everyone else when you feel like you are completely drained. And even when you find some small spark of energy it just barely gets you through the next craziness of your everyday life. 

I have been praying lately that God would bless me with good, long, restful sleeps. So that during the day I have enough energy to get through and be a happy mom and enjoy what I am blessed with. 

And God has blessed me greatly. He nightly restores my soul. He gives me new joy and peace. 

And Little E has been sleeping through the night. 

God is so good.  Seriously what an answer to my prayers.  I am such a grump when I have to wake up early, or many times through the night. God has blessed me: both kids sleep through the night and are happy when they wake up in the morning.  

It doesn't always seem like its a gift from God but I have many friends that are struggling with their children sleeping or getting up really early. And hearing what they have been dealing with reminds me how wonderful God has been to me. 

Anyway, I thought I would share some of the scriptures that I have been holding in my heart to help bring peace into my life. May they help you to grab hold of the Peace of the Father. 

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 
Romans 15:13

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Philipians 4:6-7

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
he leads me beside quiet waters, 
he refreshes my soul. 
He guides me along the right paths
for his name's sake. 
Even though I walk 
through the darkest valley, 
I will fear no evil, 
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, 
they comfort me. 
You prepare a table before me 
in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows. 
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord 
forever. 
Psalm 23

"But Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, 
whose confidence is in him. 
They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream. 
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."
Jeremiah 17:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment