Tuesday 30 October 2012

Mmm Tasty Tuesday - muffins 3 ways

So over the weekend I was thinking about making banana bread when I got back home from our visit.  But then my brain exploded with a fabulous idea.

What if I made my banana bread recipe using pumpkin instead of banana?

I know, I am brilliant.  Or insane.   Only way to decide was to try it.

(  Hubby thought I was going to make banana and pumpkin muffins, he tasted them and said,"I cant taste any banana" )

So here is my favourite Banana Spiced Bread recipe that can be adapted into Pumpkin Spice Bread. After changing it into pumpkin bread I decided to use some yams that I had hanging around and attempted to make it using Yams as well.  It totally worked and is super tasty too.

Each recipe either makes 2 loaves or 24 (and a bit) muffins or a whole whack of mini muffins.

1 cup Butter or Margarine
2 Cups Brown Sugar
3 Cups Mashed Ripe Bananas, Pumpkin, or Yams ( or sweet potato)
4 Eggs
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
~ (for pumpkin and yam bread I also add 1/2 tsp ground Ginger)
 ~1 Cup Chocolate chips or nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350'. Cream Butter and Sugar. Add mashed Banana (or other) and Eggs, Mix well. Mix dry ingredients then add to wet mixture. Mix until well blended but do not over mix.
Pour into 2 lightly greased loaf pans. and bake for 55 mins to 1 hour.
    or
Pour into lightly greased or lined muffin tins.  Bake for 20 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
   or 
Pour into lightly greased mini muffin tins and bake 18-20 mins. 











yam spice muffins oh so yummy...and healthy(ish) 

hubby thought that the pumpkin muffins needed a crumble or something on top.  so i dipped them in butter and cinnamon sugar. his response, " these taste like pumpkin churros, it makes me happy" too funny. 


edges got a little brown but still tasted amazing 

nice and moist 

No comments:

Post a Comment